There are days where my palette craves decadence but the time I have left in a day does not allow for intense culinary perfection. This inspired me to come up with a range of recipes that are not only time effective but restaurant worthy too
Quick food does not always have to come from within a box or the Woolworths cooked food section. It is as simple as knowing what ingredients cook the quickest and what to pair it with!
I especially found this recipe worthy on those days when you are particularly health conscious and refined carbs is out of the line up
- 2 chicken fillets
- Robertson cajun seasoning spice
- Black pepper
- Lemon Juice
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- Green or Red chilli
- Coriander to season
- In a large bowl place 2 chicken breasts and cut 3 fine slits in the tender fillets
- In a smaller stirring bowl, add 1 table spoon of olive oil with 2 table spoons of lemon juice
- Add a tea spoon of crushed black pepper with a tea spoon of fine salt
- Chop the chilli fine and add into marinade bowl of mixture along with half a tea spoon of crushed garlic
- finely chop the coriander and add to marinade and stir
- Pour marinade onto the chicken, massaging it into the cuts of the fillets
- Once marinated, place on pre-heated grill or non stick frying pan.
- Seal the chicken on either side for 2 minutes each.
- Add the rest of the marinade onto the grill or the frying pan and leave to cook for 15 minutes, in a closed pot or grill.
- Garnish with sliced Avocados and Know’s Cheddarmalt instant powder sauce
To get the most flavour, marinading the chicken over night ensures that the flavour is soaked into the meat, allowing more tenderness and a smoother texture.
And there you have it, a delicious home made and avo dinner minus the carbs 😉